November 10, 2014

Starstruck- Part one


I heard you sing for the first time exactly nine saturdays ago. I first heard the two guitars and then two voices, but only one of them made me feel alive. I was going somewhere else but your voice kept on calling me with its rich, mature, chocolate/tobacco texture and its dark red color. I walked towards you as if I wasn't my own will's master anymore. You sang those gorgeous lyrics, and even though they weren't yours, I don't think I will be able to forget them in a long time.

And then I saw you. You looked exactly like your voice sounds, sweet, handsome, honest, trustworthy. I saw your blue eyes behind those thick framed glasses and for a moment I felt that all the pain I had been carrying around for so long was gone. Instantly, you healed my broken heart with your powelful voice. Right then and there, I thought I needed to keep that voice with me somehow, so I got ahold of my phone and recorded you singing. I didn't want to be sad later, since I knew for sure I was gonna miss your voice and I didn't know if I would ever be able to hear it again.

When the song was over, I couldn't help but applauding your performance, I had just loved the way your face turned red because you strained yourself to fill all that space with your voice. I also loved how one could see the tension on your neck because of all the things you felt when you sang, you really seemed to mean the story the music was telling, or so I decided to let my mind imagine. So I clapped, and you looked at me, smiled and said thank you, probably for the hundredth time that day.

I know, you didn't see me the way I saw you. I was just another person of the very many you saw stand around and enjoyed your talent that day. I won't ever bear meaning to you...and you, you rescued me with your music from that black hole I had been living in for the last half year. You reminded me that someday, someone kind -like your voice- is gonna come along and is gonna mend my heart the way you did on September 13th. I guess you have chosen the exact right path for yourself. There are many artists hoping to touch people's lives with their music and you kind of fixed mine.Thank you.