July 18, 2012

Areas of expertise

You wanted me to back off.
I was getting way to close for you to handle.
Too many laughs,
too much complicity,
too much chemistry,
too much common ground to find love.
The truth is: you'll never know how good it could have been.
I would have made you feel there's nothing closer to perfection than you.
I would have kissed every pain, every bad memory away.
We would have laughed ourselves to sleep, enjoyed every story the other had to tell.
We could have traveled the world, speak every language that has ever been spoken.
You would have taught me what happiness is.
Now don't you dare complaining -there won't be any second chances.
The thing is: I never look back.
That is something I'm an expert at.

____

Áreas de expertise:

Tú quisiste que retrocediera.
Me acerqué más de lo que podías manejar.
Demasiadas risas,
demasiada complicidad,
demasiada química,
demasiadas cosas en común para encontrar el amor.
La verdad es que nunca sabrás lo bueno que lo nuestro hubiera podido ser.
Yo te habría hecho sentir que no hay nada más cercano a la perfección que tú.
Yo te habría sanado de todos los dolores, habría borrado cada mal recuerdo.
Habríamos reído hasta caer dormidos y disfrutado cada historia que el otro tiene para contar.
Habríamos viajado por el mundo y hablado cada idioma jamás hablado.
Tú me habrías mostrado como es la felicidad.
Ahora no te quejes, que no habrá segundas oportunidades.
El asunto es que yo nunca miro hacia atrás.
En eso soy experta.